Pineapple Ginger Butter Sauce
Recipe type: Sauce / Basting
This delicious buttery sweet and sour sauce can be used as a sauce, a basting and as a spread on crackers or toast. This simple video demonstration will show you how to make pineapple ginger butter sauce perfectly.
- 250g Pineapple, thinly sliced
- 1½ Inch piece of ginger, thinly sliced (4cm)
- 3 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 50g Butter
- 1 Tbs Treacle sugar
- Heat the butter over low-medium heat and add the garlic and ginger
- Simmer these for about 1 minute until fragrant
- Add the pineapple and simmer for 1 minute
- Add the treacle sugar and continue to simmer the mix for 10 minutes until the pineapple has taken on some color and very tender
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mix to cool for 5 minutes
- Transfer the mix to a heatproof bowl and liquidize it using your stick blender (this can be done in a food processor, but let it cool further first)
- Serve hot or cold. The sauce will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.