Bacon and Blue Cheese Spread Recipe - How to Make Cheese Spread - Homemade Cheese Spread
Recipe type: Cheese
This bacon & blue cheese spread is amazing on lightly buttered toast, crostini or crackers and even to turbo charge a burger. It can be a real lifesaver when catering for cocktail parties or any finger food occasion.
- 3 Tbs Walnuts
- 2 Tbs Fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs Chopped chives
- 240g Soft cream cheese
- 100g Creamy blue cheese
- 200g Streaky bacon, chopped and crispy fried
- Thinly sliced pickled gherkin
- Dried chilli flakes
- Crackers, crostini or toast to serve
- To start you need 100g of good creamy blue cheese and 240g of soft cream cheese.
- Fry 200g of chopped streaky bacon until crispy and golden, and roughly chop 2 tablespoons each of fresh parsley and chives. Measure out 3 tablespoons of walnuts.
- Place all of this in a tall jug, starting with the cheese. Crumble the blue cheese on top of this, followed by the remaining ingredients.
- Use your stick blender to machine this all until fine. You can also do this in a stand blender if you don't have a stick blender.
- Transfer the spread to a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle and pipe the spread onto your crackers.
- Garnish the tops with thinly sliced pickled gherkin and a light sprinkling of dried chilli flakes before serving.