Gourmet Crabstick Sausage Rolls - Crabsticks in Puff Pastry with Thousand Island Dill Sauce!!!
Recipe type: Seafood / Snacks
In our previous episode we made an amazing hybrid hotdog. In today's episode we're making another unusual creation that I call the crab dog, and this how it goes...
For 3 Crabdogs
- 6 Crabsticks
- 1 x 400g Roll puff pastry
- 30ml Tomato sauce
- 30ml Mayonnaise
- 30ml Finely chopped fresh dill
- Zest of one small lemon or lime
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Sesame seeds
- To start, finely chop fresh dill, finely grate the zest of one small lemon or lime and measure out the tomato sauce and mayonnaise.
- Season the tomato sauce a mayonnaise with salt and pepper.
- Add the dill and zest to these and mix it all until well combined.
- You will also need 6 crabsticks.
- Unroll the puff pastry and place 2 of the crabsticks at the end of the roll.
- Spoon a third of the sauce over the crabsticks.
- Use the separator plastic to roll the pastry up and over the crabsticks. Press down the ends of the pastry to seal and trim the roll from the pastry.
- Trim the excess pastry from the edges and use a fork to crimp the ends.
- Continue with the remaining rolls.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and transfer the rolls to the sheet.
- Brush the rolls with the beaten egg ans sprinkle the tops of the rolls with sesame seed.
- Bake the rolls in a preheated oven at 200c for 30 to 35 minutes until crispy and golden and nicely puffed up.
- Serve the rolls immediately with the accompaniments of your choice.