Creamy Refrigerator Cheesecake Recipe - How to Make Amazing Cheesecake. Double Crust Cheesecake.
Recipe type: Dessert
Today we're doing something a little different. Cheesecake is an all-time favorite, but it's even better when it's quick and easy, light and creamy, and tastes like heaven.
For the Crust
- 200g Graham crackers or tennis biscuits
- 120g Butter, melted
- 25g Sugar
For the Filling
- 200g Butter at room temperature
- 200g Sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 250g Cream cheese (soft)
- 200g Sour cream
- To start, break the crackers or t-biscuits into bits and place them in your food processor.
- Pulse the machine 3 or 4 times until you have an even mass of crumbs.
- Pour in the sugar and melted butter.
- Machine this for about 30 seconds rocking the machine back and forth. This helps to get a good even blend.
- You will end up with a crumbly mass of pastry.
- Cut a circle of baking parchment to fit the bottom of a 10 inch or 25cm springform pan. Lock the bottom of the pan into place and insert the parchment.
- Smear a thin layer of butter around the edge of the pan. Cut a long strip of parchment just slightly wider than the height of the pan. Place the strip around the inside pf the pan. The butter will keep this in place. Depending on the size of your roll of parchment, you may have to cut 2 strips to cover the circumference.
- Pour two thirds of the crumbed mixture into the pan and spread this evenly across the base. Smooth this off lightly with the back of your spoon. Try not to compress the base, it should be light and crumbly.
- Transfer the pan yo your freezer for 30 minutes to set while you continue with the filling.
- In a bowl or large jug, combine the sour cream and the cream cheese. Mix it thoroughly making sure you have a soft homogenous mixture.
- Add the softened butter to your stand mixer along with the sugar and the egg and additional egg yolk.
- Attach the beater paddle and beat the mixture for 10 minutes until it is light and fluffy.
- Remove the bowl from your mixer and pour in the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold the cream cheese mixture into the butter and egg. This should be done gently so as not to knock the air out of the creamy whipped butter, however you do need to make sure it is quite well combined.
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer and pour the filling into the center of the pan.
- Spread it out evenly from the center outwards.
- Pour the remaining crumbs over the top of the filling and spread this evenly across the filling.
- Use the back of a spoon to smooth this off, taking care not to compress the crumb to much.
- Cover the cheesecake and transfer it to your refrigerator for 24 hours to set before cutting and serving.