How to Make REAL Basil Pesto - Quick & Easy Basil Pesto Recipe - Homemade Basil Pesto
Recipe type: Sauce
Basil pesto is one of the classics, and it really can be used to enhance and flavor a myriad of dishes. It is super simple and quick to make, but bare in mind that to experience the real deal, you must use pine nuts. Any other substitute will result in a poor imitation.
- 2 Cups fresh basil leaves (packed tightly)
- 15ml Crushed garlic
- 60ml Pine nuts
- 160ml Olive oil
- 125ml Finely shredded Parmesan, Romano or Grano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To start, measure out the fresh basil leaves, crushed garlic, pine nuts, extra virgin olive oil, and Parmesan cheese.
- Place the basil, garlic, pine nuts and half of the olive oil in a tall jug.
- Use your stick blender to machine these until fine.
- Add the remaining oil and mix this in.
- Add the finely shredded Parmesan cheese and mix this in thoroughly. Season the pesto with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a bottling funnel to transfer the pesto to a sterilized jar and refrigerate until required.
- The pesto will last for a few months in your refrigerator, however, it will lose a little flavor over time.