Super Extra Crispy Deep Fried Chicken Wings - These Chicken Wings are Unbelievably Crispy and Yummy!
Recipe type: Chicken
Just a week or so ago we published the super-crispy pigs wings. The video was met with much interest, and quite a few of our viewers asked me to do the same super-crispy coating using chicken wings..... and here it is.
- 8-12 Full chicken wings (16-24 winglets)
- Oil for frying
- 120ml Chicken seasoning of your choice
- 500ml All purpose flour
- 30ml Salt
- 60ml Cornstarch
- 140ml Chicken stock
- 2 Eggs
- To start, trim of the wing tips and cut through the center joint of each wing.
- Place the wings in a large pan in a single layer. Sprinkle half of the seasoning of your choice evenly over the wings making sure to coat both sides.
- Transfer the wings to a large vacuum bag in a single layer and vacuum seal the bag. It is always a good idea to double seal both ends of the bag.
- Place the bag in your dishwasher on the high setting, or 70c, and let this wash for 60 minutes. Alternatively place the bag in a digital pot with temperature control at 70c and let it cook for 60 minutes.
- While the wings cook, add the other half of the seasoning to the flour and cornstarch and mix this until combined.
- Pour chicken stock into the seasoned flour a little at a time, using a whisk to mix it into the flour. If the whisk gets clogged, simply clear it and continue until all of the stock is added.
- Put this aside to dry a little while the chicken completes its cycle in the dishwasher or pot.
- Once the cycle completes, get into the coating with your hands and break down any bits that are too big.
- Remove the wings from the bag. Notice that there is almost no weight loss.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Working with one wing at a time, dip the wing in the egg to wet it all over.
- Drop the chicken into the coating and dredge it to get a good solid coating all over.
- Transfer the coated wing to a platter to set while you continue with the rest of the wings.
- Allow the coating to set for 20 minutes before continuing.
- Half fill your wok or large pan with oil and heat this to 160c or 320f.
- Fry the wings for 4 to 6 minutes until super-crispy and golden.
- Remove them from the oil and drain any excess oil on kitchen paper.
- Serve the wings immediately and savor the incredibly crispy and tasty treats.