Superbowl 2017 Special Recipes - Mac 'n' Cheese Bites - the Ultimate Mac 'n' Cheese Snack
Recipe type: Superbowl / Pasta
Cuisine: Italian American
With Superbowl just a few days away, here is a quick, easy and delicious recipe to feed the crowds. These mac 'n cheese bites are simply outstanding... crispy on the outside and sumptuous on the inside.
- 60g Butter
- 60ml All-purpose flour
- 400ml Milk (full cream)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 175g Grated mature cheddar cheese
- 240g Elbow macaroni
- 12 Rashers streaky bacon
- 2 Eggs
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- To start, measure out the butter, all-purpose flour and milk, and boil the elbow macaroni according to the package instructions while reducing the cooking time by 2 minutes so that it is not quite cooked.
- Shred the mature cheddar cheese and beat the eggs.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and add the butter. When the butter is melted and bubbling, add the flour. Stir this into the flour to get a smooth paste and allow this to cook for 60 seconds.
- Pour in the milk bit by bit, stirring continuously until all of the milk is added.
- Use a whisk to beat this to smooth sauce while it continues to cook.
- Once the sauce is smooth, turn off the heat and add the cheddar cheese and continue to stir until all of the cheese has melted into the sauce.
- Add the par-cooked macaroni and stir this in until everything is evenly coated.
- Add the egg and stir this in until completely combined.
- Season with salt and pepper and put this aside.
- Lightly oil a muffin pan and line the holes of the pan with streaky bacon.
- Divide the macaroni mixture equally among the 12 holes.
- Top each mac 'n cheese bite with finely shredded Parmesan cheese and bake the bites in a pre-heated oven at 180c or 350f for 20 minutes until crispy and golden on top.
- And there we have it.... an amazingly easy, quick and super-tasty Superbowl snack.
- Click the onscreen link to see dozens of other fantastic Superbowl recipes.
- Thanks for joining us today, please give us a thumbs-up, subscribe if you haven't done so already, and share this with your friends and family, and we'll see you again tomorrow.