Best Dinner Rolls Ever - Savory, Soft, Slightly Chewy & Super Tasty Buns
Recipe type: Bread
These delicious little buns have a totally unique texture. Super soft, slightly chewy and insanely tasty, these little rolls will do justice to any great feast.
- 360g All purpose / cake flour
- 5ml Salt
- 45ml Sugar (first batch)
- 5ml Sugar (second batch)
- 60ml Oil
- 10g Active dried yeast
- 250ml Warm water
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 125ml Chopped baby spinach
- 75g Feta cheese
- Chop the baby spinach and crumble the feta cheese into this and mix until combined.
- In your mixer bowl, measure out the all purpose flour, salt and first batch of sugar.
- Pour the warm water into a jug and add the yeast and second measure of sugar.
- Whisk this together until the sugar is dissolved, cover the jug and allow this to activate for 15 minutes.
- After this time the yeast mixture will be very frothy. Pour in the beaten egg and the oil.
- Whisk this until totally combined.
- Place your mixer bowl on your mixer with beater attached.
- Pour in the liquids, close the mixer and run the machine on slow for 2 minutes.
- Increase the speed to medium high and continue for a further 10 minutes.
- Stop the machine. The dough will be shiny and smooth and stretchy like melted mozzarella.
- Scrape the paddle down, close the machine and let the dough stand for 5 minutes undisturbed. If your machine doesn't have a splash guard, cover the bowl with a towel.
- After 5 minutes, add the spinach and feta cheese.
- Close the machine and mix on high speed for 60 seconds.
- Divide the soft dough equally between the holes of a 12 portion muffin pan.
- Cover the pan with a large inverted roasting tin to rise for 20 minutes.
- Brush the buns with a light coating of full cream milk and top each bun with a good pinch of finely shredded Parmesan.
- Bake the buns in a preheated oven at 200c or 400f for 12 to 15 minutes until well risen, golden brown and crispy on top.
- Remove the buns from the oven and allow them to cool in the muffin pan for 20 minutes before turning them out onto a cooling rack.
- And there it is.....a supremely soft, airy, springly and tasty roll... the best dinner roll ever.