Barbecue Glazed Pork Bracelet Kebabs - Delicious Glazed Pork Kebabs with a Difference!!!
Recipe type: Pork
Today we're making something really interesting, and you saw it first on Whats4Chow. These circular kebabs aren't just delicious, they give you a novel and attractive way to present an otherwise run-of-the-mill dish.
- 700g Pork neck steak
- 30ml Hoisin sauce
- 60ml Soy sauce
- 15ml Rice wine or dry sherry
- 5ml Salt
- 60ml Sugar
- Spring onion greens
- 1 x Upholstery needle for threading
- slice the pork neck steaks into 20mm or ¾ inch cubes, then transfer these to mixing bowl.
- In a jug, combine the hoisin sauce, light soy sauce, rice wine, salt and sugar. Stir this until all of the salt and sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the marinade over the cubed pork and massage this into the meat thoroughly. Put this aside.
- Cut the greens from 5 or 6 large spring onions.
- Place the greens in a large roasting pan and pour in enough boiling kettle water to cover.
- Allow these to stand for 15 minutes until totally wilted.
- After this time, lift the greens and tear them in half lengthways.
- To thread the kebabs, you will need a large upholstery needle like this one, with and over-sized eye. You can find these at most hardware stores or leatherwork suppliers.
- Thread a stip of spring onion green through the eye of the needle.
- Press the needle through a cube of pork. Grab the point of the needle with a dishtowel and pull the spring onion through the pork. Pull it all the way through leaving about 2 inches of green loose.
- Continue until the entire spring onion is threaded with pork with exception of 2 inches on each end.
- Pull the 2 ends together and tie them using a double knot.
- Transfer the pork bagles to a large platter ans spoon any remaining marinade over the bangles.
- Heat a skillet on your barbecue until smoking hot.
- Brush the skillet with oil, and place the pork bangles on the skillet.
- Brush the bangles with the runoff marinade and close the lid of your barbecue. Allow these to grill for 4 minutes.
- Open the grill and carefully flip the bangles over. Brush them with any leftover marinade and close the lid.
- Let these grill for a further 4 minutes.
- Remove the pork bangle kebabs from the grill and serve immediately with the accompaniments of your choice.
- And the we have it, unique, tender, juicy glazed pork bangle kebabs.