Mexican Hellfire Burgers - Headstands in the Shower - Seriously Hot Burgers!!!
Recipe type: Burgers
Today's episode holds something really special for those who love hot and spicy food. These burgers will grow hair on a woman's chest and almost certainly have you doing headstands in the shower. The recipe for the Mexican spice blend is included in the printable recipe for the burgers.
- 450g Ground beef
- 450g Ground pork
- 60ml Mexican spice blend (see below)
- 6 Giant burger buns
- 3 Large pickled jalapenos
- Sour cream
- Sliced tomato
- Fresh cilantro / coriander
How to make Mexican Spice Blend
- 15ml Cumin seeds
- 15ml Dried coriander leaves
- 15ml Paprika
- 5ml Dried oregano
- 5ml Cayenne pepper (mild) / 15ml (medium) / 25ml (hot)
- 5ml Garlic granules
- 10ml Salt
- (Machine these all until fine in your spice grinder)
- Place the beef mince and pork mince in a mixing bowl and add the Mexican spice mix.
- Massage the spice into the meat thoroughly.
- Use your patty press to form the patties. I am making 160g patties, but you can make them any size you prefer. If you don't have a patty press, weigh the meat into portions and form them by hand.
- I have giant burger buns, and to match the bun size I am going to press the patties further between cling-wrap. Once at this size, you really want to make a deep indentation in the center of each patty. This prevents the patty from deforming when it is cooked.
- If you're following the same weight patty as I am using, press them out to a thickness of 10mm or just short of a half inch.
- Put the patties aside while you slice the pickled jalapeños and tomatoes.
- You will also need a generous handful of fresh coriander.
- Slice and butter the buns.
- On the bottom half of each bun, spread a thick layer of sour cream.
- Top this with a generous scattering of sliced pickled jalapeño.
- Follow this with a good portion of fresh coriander.
- Heat your pan over medium high heat and add a little butter.
- Grill the patties for 2.5 minutes per side until nicely browned.
- Transfer the patties to the buns.
- Top the patties with the sliced tomato.
- Top the tomato with a generous dose of chilli Doritos and you're ready to serve.