Panko Chicken Wings - How to Make Crispy Deep fried Panko Chicken Wings at Home!!!
Recipe type: Chicken / Deep-fried
In the previous episode we made panko crumbs. Now we're going to use these to make amazingly crispy deep-fried chicken wings.
- 6 Whole chicken wings
- 125ml All-purpose flour
- 15ml Salt
- 15ml Cayenne pepper
- 1 Batch Panko crumbs
- To start, combine the all-purpose flour, salt and cayenne pepper. Place this in a container with a lid.
- Trim away the wing tips from the chicken wings and slice through the center joint of each wing, giving you a dozen winglets.
- Drop the winglets into the flour, put the lid on and shake them around to coat. Allow the winglets to stand in the flour for 10 minutes.
- For the panko coating, place the panko crumbs in a bowl, and whisk 2 eggs in another bowl.
- Before starting, spread a layer of panko crumbs over a large platter. This is where the coated wings will set and the layer of crumbs prevents the coating from sticking to the platter and getting damaged.
- Dip the winglets in the egg to wet all of the flour coating.
- Transfer the winglet to the panko crumbs to get a good solid coating all over.
- Transfer the winglet to the platter to set. Continue with the remaining winglets.
- Allow the panko coating to set for 10 minutes.
- Half fill a large pan with oil and heat this to 180c or 350f. Carefully drop the wings into the oil and fry them for 5 to 6 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove the wings from the oil using a slotted spoon and drain any excess oil on kitchen paper.
- And there we have it, a batch of amazingly crisp panko chicken wings.