How to Make Jagermeister Steaks - Perfectly Grilled Jagermeister Steaks - Plus 9 Minute Marinator Review!!!
Recipe type: Steak / Beef
Jagermeister has become a household name in the realm drinks. Made with 56 herbs and spices it makes a perfect base for flavoring red meats and game. In this case we're going to rustle up a deliciously tender and succulent Jagermeister rump steak. This recipe is courtesy of a friend of mine who owns and runs a pub and grub and golf range just down our street called "At the 19th".
- 4 x 300g Rump steaks
- 90ml Jagermeister
- 220ml Coca Cola
- 220ml Worcestershire sauce
- 30ml Tomato sauce
- 30ml Demerara sugar
- 5ml Salt
- 30g Butter
- Starting with the marinade, combine the coca cola, Worcestershire sauce, Jagermeister, Demerara sugar, salt, sugar and tomato sauce. Mix this until the solids are dissolved.
- On with the cooking. Here I have 2 large rump steaks, about 600g each.... cut to an inch thick.
- I am going to cut these in half to give 4 portions.
- Place the steaks in a baking tin and pour in the marinade. Drag the steaks through the marinade making sure that they are coated all over. Put these aside for 2 hours to marinate.
- After 2 hours, transfer the steaks to a platter and pour the marinade into a pan..
- Bring the liquid to boil and let this reduce to a syrup stirring continuously.
- Put the syrup aside.
- I have reduced half of the syrup as I am only going to grill 2 steaks for this demonstration. The other 2 are for my lunch tomorrow.
- Heat a heavy pan over medium high heat and add 30g of butter. Add the steaks to the pan.
- Grill the steaks for 10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes. After every turn wipe the steaks around the pan to pick up the caramelized juices.
- After 10 minutes, the steaks are almost done and will have a beautiful dark crust.
- Lift the steaks from the pan and wipe them through the marinade syrup, then return them to the pan for a further 60 seconds on each side.
- And there you have it..... the perfectly grilled Jagermeister rump steak.