How to Make Oat Crunchies - Delicious Oat & Coconut Crunchies at Home
Recipe type: Cookies
These super-crispy crunchy oat cookies are a healthier way to feed your cravings, and make a great snack at any time of the day. This recipe is super easy and really quick, and because of the dry mix, cleanup is a breeze.
- 200g Rolled oats
- 85g Desiccated coconut
- Pinch salt
- 175g All-purpose flour
- 230g Brown sugar
- 45g Golden syrup
- 125g Butter
- 5ml Bicarbonate of soda
- 5ml Milk
- Place the rolled oats, dessicated coconut, salt, all purpose flour and brown sugar in your mixer bowl.
- In a tumbler, combine the baking soda with a teaspoon of milk.
- In a bowl, melt the butter and syrup together.
- Pour the butter and syrup mixture into the mixer bowl, followed by the bicarb milk solution.
- Place the bowl on your mixer with the beater paddle attached.
- Mix this for 3 to 4 minutes until everything is well combined. This mixture will be dry and crumbly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and pour the mixture onto the parchment.
- Spread the mixture out evenly over the sheet and smooth off the surface with your sparula.
- Bake the crunchies in a preheated oven at 180c or 350f for 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and cut the crunchies immediately using a knife or a dough scraper.
- Allow the crunchies to cool completely, then remove them from the tray.
- The cookies can be stored indefinitely in an air-tight container.