The Amazing Banting, Wheat & Gluten Free Pizza
Recipe type: Pizza / Banting
Whether you just want a change from regular pizza, or you're following Banting, or you want gluten free, this chicken pizza is for you. Super simple and super quick to make, this pizza truly is a full meal in one.
- 2 Large chicken breasts
- Diced green, red and yellow peppers
- Chopped streaky bacon
- Onion cut into quarter rounds
- Feta cheese
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Flip the chicken breasts over and cut away the fillets. Save these for another time.
- Working with one breast at a time, fold the breast in cling-wrap and start tapping it down with your meat mallet.
- This part does take a little patience as you don't want to bang a hole right through the breast.
- Keep tapping it down, work from the center out towards the edges.
- Stretch the plstic out flat periodically and pat the chicken with your hand to check on progress.
- Your goal is to get the breast down to a thickness of 3mm or ⅛th of an inch.
- Repeat this with the second breast.
- Start preheating your oven grill to maximum, and heat a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add a little butter to the pan and add one of the breasts smooth side down as soon as the butter starts to bubble.
- Season the top of the breast with the seasoning of your choice and fry this for about 3 minutes.
- You will see that the breast is almost cooked all the way through.
- Remove the breast from the pan and transfer it to a foil lined baking sheet.
- Continue with the secong breast.
- Top the breasts with the onion.
- Then come the diced peppers.
- Pile a large dose of mozzarella cheese on top of each breast.
- This is followed by a generous scattering of the streaky bacon.
- Crumble the feta cheese over the whole lot and you're ready to rock. There is no need to season with salt as the feta and bacon will add more than enough salt to the dish.
- Slide the baking sheet into the oven on the second to highest shelf and allow this grill until the feta has started to brown slightly. This should take about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and serve immediately.