Crispy Peppered Pork Schnitzel - Quick & Easy Pork Schnitzel Recipe!!!
Recipe type: Pork
Schnitzel, meaning thinly sliced, can be made with veal, beef, chicken or pork. This spicy peppered pork schnitzel is absolutely outstanding and well worth a try.
- 2 x 200g Pork neck steaks
For the Coating
- 250ml All-purpose flour
- 15ml Ground white pepper
- 15ml Cayenne pepper
- 15ml Caster sugar
- 15ml Garlic powder
- 10ml Fine salt
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- Start with 2 pork neck steaks cut about a half inch thick.
- Unroll a length of cling-wrap on your work surface and place one of the pork steaks in the center of the plastic. Fold the cling-wrap over to enclose the steak and use your meat mallet to tap this down to half its original thickness.
- Repeat this with the remaining steak.
- In a bowl, combine the all purpose flour, ground white pepper, cayenne pepper, caster sugar, salt and garlic powder.
- Whisk 2 eggs and place these in another dish.
- Before coating the schnitzels, sprinkle a little of the seasoned flour over a large platter. This is where the coated pork will sett and the flour prevents the coating from sticking to the platter and getting damaged.
- Dredge one of the schnitzels in the flour mixture to coat all over.
- Transfer this to the egg, making sure to wet all of the flour.
- Then back to the seasoned flour making sure to get a good solid coating all over.
- Transfer the schnitzel to the platter and continue with the second schnitzel.
- Allow these to set for 20 minutes before continuing.
- Place a large frying pan over medium high heat and add just enough oil to coat the base of the pan.
- When the oil is really hot it will start to shimmer. Add the pork to the pan and fry it for 3 minutes.
- Turn the pork over and continue to fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the pan and drain any excess oil on kitchen paper.
- Serve the schnitzels immediately with apple sauce and the accompaniments of your choice.