Homemade Tequila & Lime Mustard - Mexican Mustard!!!???
Recipe type: Condiments & Sauces
Tequila and lime mustard gives a whole new twist to one of life's most popular condiments.
- 60g Hot English mustard powder
- 20g Whole yellow mustard seeds
- 30ml Tequila
- 50ml Lime Juice
- 1.25ml Salt
- 1.25ml Sugar
- White wine vinegar to thin (quantity will vary from batch to batch)
- Combine the yellow mustard powder and seeds, and measure out the salt, fresh lime juice and tequila.
- Place all of these in a tall jug and use your stick blender to grind the ingredients to a paste. As you do this the mustard will absorb more and more of the liquid.
- Add a little white wine vinegar every time it gets too thick. Continue blending until the paste is quite smooth.
- Transfer the mustard to a clean jar and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day the mustard will be far thicker after autolysing overnight. To thin the mustard, add more white wine vinegar bit by bit, stirring it in thoroughly as you go. When you reach your desired consistency, return the mustard to the refrigerator.
- The mustard will keep indefinitely in your refrigerator. For an interesting twist, try adding a little finely chopped pickled jalapeno.