Valentines Day Pancetta, Camembert and Preserved Fig Pizza - The Pizza of Love!!!
Recipe type: Pizza
What life or love be without a little sweet and a little savoury? This pizza gives you both in one. The strongly flavored Pancetta is offset by the sweetness of the preserved figs, and this all melted together with creamy Camembert and mozzarella.
For 2 Large (35cm) Pizzas
- 1 Batch of Instant Pizza Dough
- 400g Grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 Round of Camembert cheese
- 8 Slices of rolled pancetta
- 2 Preserved figs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- For the toppings, cut a round of camembert into 8 wedges. Turn the on their side and cut them through the center giving you 16 pieces.
- Cut the preserved figs into slices, then cut 8 slices of pancetta.
- In addition, grate 400g of mozzarella cheese.
- Divide the pizza dough in 2. This is the instant pizza dough we featured a few weeks back and you can see this by clicking the onscreen link.
- Press each half into a large disc. Lightly flour the work surface and roll this out to 35cm in diameter, or 14 inches.
- Transfer the bases to baking sheets. Dock the bases using the tines of a fork to stop the dough from bubbling up during baking.
- Sprinkle a little less than half of the mozzarella onto each base. Arrange 8 wedges of the camembert on each each base, followed by 4 rounds of pancetta and the sliced preserved fig.
- Finish it off by sprinkling half of the remaining mozzarella over each one.
- Bake the pizza in a preheated oven at 250c or 480f for 15 to 20 minutes until the edges are crispy and golden.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven, slice into wedges and serve immediately.