Super Bowl Snacks - Crispy Deep Fried Baby Potato Skins - Best Potato Skins Ever!!!
Recipe type: Potatoes
Crispy deep-fried baby potato skins are amazing. You can fill them with anything from chilli beef to seafood, or you can use them to scoop up creamy dips.
- Baby potatoes
- Oil for frying
- The fillings and dips of your choice
- Place the baby potatoes in a pot and cover them with boiling kettle water. Bring them to a boil over high heat and continue to boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and cool them under cold running water.
- Cut the potatoes in half length-ways. Use a paring knife to remove the bulk of the flesh from the centers of the potatoes. Keep the centers to fry as baby potato crisps.
- Half-fill a large pan with oil and heat this to 180c or 350f. Carefully drop the potato skins into the oil, followed by the potato chips.
- Fry the potatoes until crisp and golden then remove them from the oil using a pair of tongs. Drain the excess oil on kitchen paper.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the baby potato crisps.
- Transfer the baby potato skins to platters and serve with a dipping sauce, or fill the potatoes with fillings of your choice.