Chicken Breakfast Sausage. A Delicious Alternative to Pork Bangers - Quick & Easy!!!
Recipe type: Sausages
Following the introduction of the sausage stuffer, we're going to make a batch of chicken breakfast sausages.
- 1kg (2.2lb) Deboned chicken thigh with skin on
- 15g Fine non-iodated salt
- 5ml White pepper
- 2ml Ground cloves
- 10ml Ground coriander seed
- 2ml Nutmeg
- 10ml Cayenne pepper (optional)
- You will need a kilogram or 2.2lb of deboned chicken thigh, with the skin on. Fit the 6mm mincer plate to your mincer and run the chicken through the machine.
- Add the salt, white pepper, ground cloves, ground coriander seed and ground nutmeg, and mix these into the chicken.
- Fit the 3mm plate to your mincer and run the chicken through the machine again. This minces the chicken finely and mixes the spices into the meat thoroughly.
- To stuff the sausages, I am using 26mm collagen casings on the 20mm funnel. Load the sausage stuffer's hopper with meat and press it down firmly to expel any air.
- Feed the collagen casing onto the funnel and twist the end. I have found that using a bull-clip to secure the end works quite well.
- Start cranking the handle of the stuffer while feeding the casing off of the funnel with your other hand. Don't apply too much pressure to the casing as this will lead to over-stuffing and cause the casings to burst while being cooked.
- Twist the sausage into links and snip these apart. Refrigerate the sausage overnight to allow the flavors to develop, then cook them in the same way that you would cook pork bangers.