Steakhouse Melts - Grilled Beef filled with Melted Cheese!!! Spicy Stuffed Steaks!!!
Recipe type: Beef
Steakhouse melts are legendary. Oozing melted cheese encased in spicy emulsified beef makes for a feast from heaven.
- 500g Ground beef
- 20g Salt
- 2.5ml White pepper
- 5ml Ground coriander seed
- 5ml Chilli flakes
- 2.5ml Crushed garlic powder
- 4 Thick slices Mozzarella cheese
- 50g Butter for frying
- Place the ground beef in your mixer bowl. Add the salt, white pepper, ground coriander seed, chilli flakes and garlic powder.
- Place the bowl on the stand mixer. Attach the dough hooks and mix the beef on medium speed for 10 minutes.
- By this stage the beef will be emulsified and very sticky.
- Divide the beef into 4 equal portions of 125g each. Working with one at a time, form a portion of the beef into a ball and place it in the center of a piece of cling-wrap. Flatten the beef into a disc, then fold the cling-wrap over to enclose the meat.
- Flatten the meat out into a large circle 4mm thick, or 1 sixth of an inch.
- Repeat this with the remaining portions.
- Cut 4 thick slices of Mozzarella cheese, about 10mm thick or just less than a half inch, and big enough to cover half of the beef circles with a border around the edge.
- Position the cheese pieces on the upper half of the beef portions and season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Use the cling-wrap to fold the open half of beef over the cheese, and crimp the edges closed.
- Transfer the steakhouse melts to your refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat your pan over medium high heat and add 50g of butter and fry the melts for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Serve the melts immediately with the accompaniments of your choice.