Magic Basil Eggs - The Best Egg Trick Ever - How to Cook an Egg with Basil Leaf Inside it!!!
Recipe type: Eggs / Breakfast / Salad
This is one of the coolest egg tricks around, and you saw it first on Whats4Chow. Serve yiur guests with whole boiled eggs, and when they cut them open, there is a whole basil leaf in the center of the yolk. This how it's done. You will need to own an egg steamer to do this.
- Large chicken eggs
- Fresh basil leaves
- Use a sharp, pointed knife to chip a hole in the base of the egg. The air sack in the base prevents any egg from leaking through the hole.
- Gradually increase the size of the hole until the entire base of the shell is removed.
- Place the eggs in the egg steamer stand with the open side upwards. Use the knife to poke whole directly through the top of each yolk.
- Fold a fresh basil leaf over the end of a chopstick or skewer on press the leaf down into the center of the egg yolk. Repeat this with the remaining eggs.
- Hard boil the eggs according to the egg steamer's manufacturer instructions. Remove the eggs from the steamer, allow them cool until manageable, then peel the shells away from the eggs.
- On cutting the egg down the center, you'll find the basil leaf in the center of the yolk. You'll also notice the amazing fragrance that the egg has been infused with.
- Best off all, you'll definitely notice the looks of absolute amazement on your guest faces when they wonder how you did this.