Spicy Pan Fried Chicken with Chimichurri Sauce - Hammered Chicken Chimichurri
Recipe type: Chicken / Poultry
This mildly spicy schnitzeled chicken breast is complimented brilliantly with the Chimichurri sauce from our previous episode!!!
- 2 Medium chicken breasts
- 5ml Cracked lemon pepper
- 5ml Paprika
- 5ml Salt
- 5ml Sugar
- 30g Butter
- 1 Portion Chimichurri sauce
- To flatten the chicken, fold it over in cling-wrap and tap it down to a thickness of 4mm or a 6th of an inch using your meat mallet. Repeat this with the second breast.
- Combine the paprika, salt, sugar and lemon pepper and sprinkle the mixture onto both sides of the schnitzels, pressing it into the surface as you go.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat and add 30g of butter. Fry the first schnitzel for 90 seconds per side, remove it from the pan, then fry the second.
- Transfer the schnitzels to platters and top them with a generous portion of chimichurri sauce and the garnish of your choice before serving.