The Amazing Vacuum Packer Hack - How to Use Plain Untextured Bags in Your Front-Loading Vacuum Packer!!!
Recipe type: Cooking Tips & Tricks
Almost every second household has one of these front-loading vacuum packers. These things are great, but they all have the same weak link.... the insanely expensive textured plastic bags. This hack will show you how use regular cheap vacuum packing bags, and save at least 80 percent of the costs involved.
- To start cut a strip of the textured plastic from the roll. Cut the textured bits from the strip, leaving the edge intact.
- Fill your plain vacuum packing bag with whatever you are packing and slide the strip into the bag, sealed edge first, down the side of the contents.
- As long as the strip reaches the contents, this trick will work perfectly. If you are using a deep bag, cut it down to the point where the strip does reach the contents. Make sure a little of the strip protrudes from the bag.
- Place the bag into the vacuum packer and hit the vacuum button. Bare in mind that when it seals now, it will be trying to melt 4 layers of thick plastic.
- As a result, you need to follow the vacuum cycle with another sealing cycle to ensure a good seal. Some machines have an overheating protection, and you may have to wait a few seconds before it will allow the second seal to activate.
- Using this process you will save 80 to 90 percent in costs, and although it does not totally negate the textured bags, it will certainly save money.