Lemon Cream Crepes - Crepes Filled with Creamy Lemon Custard - Quick & Easy!!!
Recipe type: Dessert
Crepes filled with the most amazing lemon cream custard are a real treat - top this off with whipped cream and you have heaven!!!
- One batch crepes for Crepes Suette
For the Lemon Cream Custard Filling
- 1 Can (385ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 125ml Lemon juice (fresh is best)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Egg yolks
- Lemon cream crepes are insanely good, and really easy to make. You will need a batch of crepes to make the masterpieces and you can get the crepe recipe by clicking HERE.
- To start, pour the sweetened condensed milk into your mixer bowl, along with the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Start your mixer and add the egg yolks. Allow this mix for about a minute until creamy and thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the mixture to your double boiler and start heating this over medium heat. If you don't have a double boiler, place a smaller pot into a larger pot. Pour enough water into the large pot to cover the base of the pot without touching the smaller pot.
- Stir the mixture continuously as it heats up over about 10 minutes. The creamy mixture will gradually thicken to a smooth custard. Remove this from the heat and put it aside.
- Using your mixer or food processor, whip the cream until it is stiff and leaves trails, or holds peaks.
- To assemble the crepes, place a crepe on a serving platter and spoon some of the filling onto half of the crepe. Place another crepe on top of this with a slight offset.
- Spoon filling over half of this crepe then fold it over.
- Load the whipped cream into your piping bag and pipe the crepes with a decorative swirl. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.