Sesame Crusted Chicken Schnitzel. A New Take on Traditional Chicken Schnitzel!!!
Recipe type: Chicken / Poultry
Today we're cooking a variation of the inimitable chicken schnitzel, an awesome crispy, golden sesame crusted schnitzel. This quick and easy schnitzel recipe can be scaled up to any quantity required!!!
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Seasoning of your choice
- ½ Cup Cornflour
- 1 Cup sesame seeds (divided into to ½ cups)
- 2 Eggs
- 50g Butter
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Cut the fillets away from the breasts and put these aside.
- Fold the first breast in cling-wrap and using your meat mallet, tap it down to a thickness of 3mm or 18th of an inch.
- Season both sides of the schnitzel with your favorite seasoning, whether salt and pepper, chilli powder or in this case, I am using Indian masala spice mix. Season the fillet as well, then fold the schnitzel in the cling-wrap and put it aside while you repeat this with the second breast.
- To coat the chicken, spread the cornflour out across a platter.
- Measure out half of the sesame seeds. Sprinkle a little of this across a larger third platter. This is where the coated chicken will rest.
- Spread the remaining sesame seeds across the smaller platter. In addition beat 2 eggs.
- Unwrap one of the schnitzels and dredge it in the cornflour. Also dredge the fillet. Place these back on the cling-wrap and repeat this process with the second schnitzel.
- Pour the egg onto a fourth platter. Drag one of the schnitzels through the egg on both sides, making sure to wet all of the cornflour.
- Dredge the schnitzel in the sesame to get a good solid coating, then transfer it to the large platter to set. Replenish the sesame with other half of seeds and repeat this with the remaining schnitzel and fillets.
- Allow the coating to set for 20 minutes before continuing.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat and add 50g of butter. Fry the schnitzels for 90 seconds per side until crisp and golden.
- Remove the schnitzels from the pan and serve immediately with the accompaniments of your choice.