The Mega Toasted Sandwich!!! Super-Stacker Double Thick Toasted Sandwich - Grilled Chicken Mayo
Recipe type: Sandwich / Gourmet Deli
The Mega Toasted Sandwich!!! Super-Stacker Double-Thick Toasted Sandwich - Grilled Chicken Mayonnaise. Today's episode presents simply the best way to make a toasted sandwich. My recipe is using chicken mayo, but you can use tuna mayo or any saucy type filling.
- 1 Chicken breast
- ½ Onion
- 30g Butter for frying
- 75g Mayonnaise
- Butter for spreading
- 6 Slices bread from a square loaf
- Salt and pepper
- Cut away the fillet on the inside of the breast and put this aside.
- Fold the breast in cling-wrap and tap it down using your meat mallet to a thickness of 3mm or ⅛th of an inch.
- To continue, dice half of a medium size onion.
- Use your peeler to cut 16 very thin slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Unwrap the chicken and season it liberally on both sides with salt and cracked black pepper. This includes the fillet that you cut away.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and add 30g of butter. Fry the onion for 5 minutes until it just starts to brown on the edges. Scoop the onion from the pan leaving as much butter behind as possible.
- Add the chicken to the pan and fry this for 3 minutes, turning every 30 seconds.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and transfer it to a chopping board. Cut the chicken into strips, then into blocks, then march chop until reasonably fine.
- Add the chicken to the onion along with the mayonnaise and mix this thoroughly to combine.
- Take 6 slices from a square loaf of bread. Cut the centers from 2 of the slices.
- Butter one side of the remaining 4 slices of bread and put them in pairs with the butter facing inward.
- Working with the first pair, position 4 strips of cheese along the edges of the bread. This will melt and glue the sandwich closed.
- Place one of the hollow slices on top of this. Fill the hollow with half of the chicken filling. Don't fill it past the level of the crust.
- Place another 4 slices of cheese around the edges. Lift the filled part of the sandwich and place the underneath slice on top of the sandwich. Both outer surfaces of the sandwich are buttered surfaces.
- Repeat this with the second sandwich.
- Heat another pan over medium heat and grill the sandwiches until crispy golden on both sides. Use your lifters to square up the edges every time you turn the sandwiches.
- I urge you not to try this in a sandwich toasted unless you have a toaster like a Breville 800 with self leveling and thickness settings. A regular toaster will simply crush the sandwich.
- To cut the sandwich, use the tip of your knife to get a clean cut, and to avoid crushing the sandwich.
- Serve these the amazing toasties to platters and enjoy.