Spicy Roasted Chickpea Nuts. Crunchy, Tasty Treats for Anytime of the Day!!!
Recipe type: Snack / Health Food
Cuisine: Middle Eastern / Mediterranean
Spicy roasted chickpea nuts are really easy to make and make a great snack for everyday as well as at the big game.
- 450g Drained can of chickpeas (15oz)
- 15ml Olive oil
- 10ml Ground cumin
- 5ml Dried marjoram
- 1.25ml Ground allspice
- 1.25ml Salt
- Measure out the ground cumin, dried marjoram, ground allspice and salt. We need to reduce the salt and dried marjoram to a powder of the same consistency as the allspice and cumin.
- To do this place everything in your spice mill and pulse it 4 or 5 times. We put everything in the mill as spice mills work much more efficiently with larger quantities, even although the allspice and cumin are already powdered.
- Open the can of chickpeas, rinse them and drain them. Pour them out onto a clean dish towel and pat them dry.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a jug or bowl and pour in the oil. Stir this well until everything is coated with oil.
- Pour the spice blend in bit by bit, mixing every time to make sure everything gets an even dose.
- Pour the coated chickpeas out into a medium size roasting tin and spread them out evenly across the pan.
- Roast the chickpeas on the second highest shelf in your oven at 230c or 450f for 30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven every 10 minutes and stir the chickpeas around to ensure even roasting.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the spicy roasted chickpea nuts to cool for 15 minutes before serving.