Product Test - Donut Batter Dispenser - with Amazing Donut Batter Recipe!!!
Recipe type: Donuts / desserts
Serves: 12 - 16
Todays episode is a little different from most in that we're doing a product review. This our first review on whats4chow, and the product is a donut batter dispenser. We are not getting paid or endorsing any product brand, as this particular tool is available from a number of different companies and can be found on ebay and amazon.
- 2 Eggs
- 2½ Cups All-purpose flour
- 10ml Baking powder
- 1 Cup sugar
- 5ml Salt
- 2.5ml Ground cinnamon
- 2.5ml Ground cloves
- 1.25ml Ground nutmeg
- 5ml Vanilla extract
- 15ml Melted butter
- 250ml Milk
- 5ml Ground cinnamon mixed with 60ml Caster sugar - for sprinkling
- Beat the eggs and add the melted butter, vanilla extract and milk. Continue beating this thoroughly for 30 seconds.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, ground cloves and nutmeg. Mix this together and pour in the egg mixture. Beat this all until smooth.
- The batter should be allowed to rest for 30 minutes at this stage, although the manufacturers recipe does not state this.
- If you don't have a batter dispenser, drop spoonfuls of the batter into preheated oil at 185c or 360f and fry until golden.