How to Make KFC Coleslaw - KFC Coleslaw Recipe, The REAL DEAL!!!
Recipe type: KFC / Fast Food / Salad
KFC coleslaw is quite unique in its flavor, with a thin, tangy sauce that barely glazes the cabbage. This is how to make it at home!!!
- 600g Green cabbage, cut into blocks, thick bits removed
- 100g Carrot, peeled and chopped
- 30ml Yogurt or cultured buttermilk
- 30ml Apple cider vinegar
- 90ml Tangy mayonnaise
- 2.5ml Salt
- 5ml Sugar
- Cut the cabbage into blocks, roughly chop the carrots, measure out the yoghurt or cultured buttermilk, the tangy mayonnaise, salt, sugar and apple cider vinegar.
- In a jug, combine all of the ingredients except the carrot and cabbage. Stir this until the salt and sugar have dissolved.
- Place the carrot in your food processor and chop this until fine. Add the cabbage to the processor and pulse this until almost fine.
- Pour in the sauce and continue to pulse this until it is finely chopped.
- The added peppery flavor comes from allowing this to age overnight covered in the refrigerator.
- Like any coleslaw, this is best served well chilled.