KFC Mash & Gravy - How to Make KFC Mash & Gravy at Home!!! The REAL Deal!!!
Recipe type: KFC / Fast Food
Here's another legendary KFC Dish - KFC Mash & Gravy!!! This recipe is the REAL deal - FIRST from Whats4Chow.com!!!
For the Herb & Spice Mix
- 15ml Paprika
- 10ml Salt
- 5ml Dried Sage
- 5ml Garlic powder
- 5ml Dried oregano
- 5ml Cayenne pepper
- 5ml Ground black pepper
- 5ml Dried basil
- 5ml Dried marjoram
- 5ml Dried coriander leaves
For the Gravy
- 35g Butter
- 20g All-purpose flour
- 5ml of the powdered herb & spice mix (above)
- 150ml Chicken stock
- 150ml Beef stock
- Combine all of the herbs and spices and mill them to a fine powder in your spice mill. Take 1 teaspoonful of the powder and mix it into the all-purpose flour. The remaining spice powder can be stored in an airtight container.
- In addition, measure out the butter and combine the chicken and beef stock.
- Heat a small saucepan over low to medium heat and add the butter. Once the butter has melted, pour in the seasoned flour. Stir this in until smooth and allow it cook for 60 seconds when it starts bubbling.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour in the stock. Stir this until smooth, then return the pan to the heat.
- Bring this to a simmer stirring continuously until the gravy has thickened. This should only take about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Remember that different brands of flour may thicken differently. If your gravy is too thick, thin it down to the desired consistency with a little more stock.
- To serve, mix your mash according to the package instructions and serve this to 4 bowls. Pour the gravy over each portion and serve immediately.