4th of July Cookout - Cheesy Potato Bombs on the Barbecue - Grilled Cheese & Bacon Potatoes
Recipe type: Potato / Barbecue
Awesome Barbecue baked potatoes filled with cheese & wrapped in bacon!!! These barbecue baked potatoes are quick and easy and will grace any occasion!!!
- Medium size potatoes
- 1 Slice streaky bacon for each potato
- A Block of mature cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to season
- Foil to wrap
- Place the potatoes in a pot, cover with water, and bring these to a boil over high heat. Allow these to boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in your colander and cool them under cold running water.
- Cut a block of cheese to the average thickness of the potatoes, and count out as many slices of bacon as you have potatoes.
- Use your apple corer to make a tunnel through the potatoes. Save the potato core.
- Use the corer to press out a core of cheese and press this into the potato.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around the potato to cover both holes and contain the cheese. Continue until all of the potatoes are assembled.
- Wrap the potato bombs in foil and put these aside until you're ready to barbecue.
- Heat your barbecue to medium high heat and grill the potatoes over direct heat for 10 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- While these grill, heat a half filled pan of oil to 180c or 350f and deep fry the potato cores until golden.
- Unwrap the potatoes, transfer to serving platters and top each one with its own crispy deep fried core before serving.