4th of July Cookout - Brandy & Coke T Bone Steak - Perfectly Tender Barbecue T-Bone!!!
Recipe type: Barbecue / Steak / Beef
This Brandy & Coke T-Bone is awesome!!! Injection marinated thick-cut t-bone is absolutely tender and will be the talk of the town!!!
For the Brandy & Coke Solution
- 250ml Coke
- 125ml Brandy
- 15ml Salt
For the Steak
- 1 x T-Bone steak, cut 80mm / 3¼ inch thick
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Get your butcher to cut the t-bone, from young beef, to a thickness of 80mm or just over 3 inches.
- Combine the brandy, coke and salt and stir this until all of the salt has completely dissolved.
- Draw 50ml or 2 ounces of the solution into you meat syringe and inject this into the t-bone at intervals of 25mm or 1 inch, first through the fatty side, then on the fillet side.
- Place the steak in a tray, pour any overrun solution over and allow this to stand for 20 minutes.
- After resting, season all the sides liberally with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Heat your barbecue to medium high heat. Place the steak with fat side down directly over the heat and barbecue this for 5 minutes until the fat is well browned. Baste the steak often with the brandy mixture.
- Turn the steak to stand on the bone and cook for a further 5 minutes, basting often as you go.
- Turn the steak onto one side and continue to barbecue flipping the steak every five minutes.
- A timing of 20 minutes (4 turns) will give you a rare steak, 30 minutes (6 turns) medium rare and 40 minutes (8 turns) will result in medium.
- Continue to baste all the way through.
- Once the steak is done to your liking, remove from the heat and allow the t-bone to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut both sides of meat from the bone and slice each into 4 slices before serving.