Snack Platter Catering - Part 17 - Creamy Garlic Snails on Skewers - Garlic Snails as Finger Food!!!
Recipe type: Finger Foods, Cocktail Snacks, Superbowl Snacks
In our previous episode we cooked deep fried bacon wrapped snails. Today we're going a little more traditional with creamy garlic snails, served on skewers to make them finger food friendly.
- 36 Medium snails
- 50g Butter
- 15ml Crushed garlic
- 60ml Cream
- 2.5ml Cornflour dissolved in a little water
- Drain the snails in a colander and rinse them thoroughly under running water.
- Transfer the snails to a dish towel and pat them dry.
- To continue, measure out the butter and chopped garlic, along with the cream. Dissolve the cornflour in a little water.
- Cut the bread fingers from a loaf of farm style, or light rye bread.
- Heat your pan over medium high heat and add the butter. When the butter is bubbling, add the snails. Fry the snails for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the snails and continue to fry for a further 60 seconds.
- Pour in the cream and stir this until totally combined. Add the corn flour to the pan and stir this in.
- Allow the pan to simmer for 60 seconds before removing it from the heat.
- Using a pair of tongs, thread 2 to 3 snails onto each toothpick.
- Transfer the skewers to single serving bowls along with the bread fingers. Top each skewer with a little of the creamy garlic sauce and serve immediately.