Snack Platter Catering - Part 15 - Creamed Feta & Salami Crackers
Recipe type: Finger Foods, Snack Foods, Cocktail Party Recipes
As mentioned in yesterday's episode, it is always good to have a few lifesaver recipes on hand when snack platter catering. These are recipes that can be prepared with absolute ease ahead of time. This simple recipe of creamed feta with salami on crackers is one of these life savers.
- 120g Quality feta cheese
- 45g Calamata olives
- 30ml Cream
- 2.5ml Dried Italian herb mix
- Crumble the feta into a tall jug. Add the pitted Calamata olives and the dried Italian herb mix.
- Pour in the cream and puree everything to a smooth paste using your stick blender. Load the paste into your piping gun.
- To assemble the crackers, give each cracker a generous smear of butter. This will cement the salami in place.
- Top each of the crackers with a slice of salami.
- Using your piping gun, top the salami with a decorative squeeze of the creamed feta.
- Continue until all of the crackers are complete. This amount of creamed feta is sufficient to make 60 to 70 crackers.
- Garnish each cracker with a single pickled green peppercorn, transfer the crackers to platters and serve.
- If you are not serving the crackers immediately, cover the crackers with a dome and refrigerate until serving time.