Snack Platter Catering - Part 12 - Gourmet Cocktail Pizzetti - Simple, Quick Mini Pizza!!!
Recipe type: Finger Foods / Snack Foods / Pizza
These rustic pizzetti will grace any snack platter occasion. Home made no knead sour dough bases topped with well aged salami, cocktail tomatoes, mozzarella and mature cheddar cheese all adds up to a supper tasty treat.
For the Dough
- 500g All purpose flour
- ¼ Tsp Dry yeast
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1½ Cups Water
For the Topping
- 120g Mozzarella, grated
- 120g Mature cheddar, grated
- 48 Slices of cocktail tomato
- 150g Salami, finely cubed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Dried Italian herb mix (optional)
- Pour the flour into a large mixing bowl and add the yeast and salt. Pour in the water and mix this until the water is totally combined. Cover the bowl with clingwrap and allow this to stand at room temperature overnight, or 18 hours.
- The following day, grate your cheeses, slice the tomatoes and dice the salami.
- Uncover the dough. You will notice that is well risen and has developed an amazing amount of gluten.
- Cover a 2 baking sheets with foil and give them a light coating of oil.
- Drop 12 heaped tablespoons of dough onto each sheet.
- Rub your hands with oil and press down and shape the pizzetti bases. Don't be too concerned about the shapes that materialize, you want them to look rustic and hand made.
- Spread a small handful of the mixed cheese onto each base.
- Sprinkle the bases with dried Italian herb mix (optional)
- Follow this 2 slices of tomato on each pizzetti. Divide the diced salami amongst all of the bases, and follow this with another sprinkling of cheese.
- Finish this off with a good grinding of cracked black pepper and salt to taste.
- Bake this in a preheated oven at 250c or 480f until golden, and the dough is crispy on the edges.
- Remove the pizzetti from the oven, transfer to platters and serve immediately.