Snack Platter Catering - Part 8 - Boeff en Croute Petit - Mini Beef Wellington
Recipe type: Beef / Finger Foods / Snacks
Boeff en croute or Beef Wellington is an all time classic. Here this awesome treat of beef fillet coated with liver pate and wrapped in pastry is adapted to finger foods, using the millionaires chicken liver pate from yesterday's episode.
- 350g Beef fillet
- 350g Millionaire's chicken liver pate'
- 800g Flaky pastry
- 50g Butter
- 1 Egg yolk
- Cut the beef fillet into medallions across the grain.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and add 50g of butter. Fry the medallions for 2 minutes per side until lightly browned.
- Remove the fillet from the pan and allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Stack the medallions and slice them into thin slices. Cut across the slices to dice the meat.
- Transfer the the beef to a mixing bowl and stir in the liver pate thoroughly. Set this aside to cool completely.
- Roll out the pastry to a thickness of 3mm and cut it into squares of 2 inches or 50mm.
- Working with 1 square at a time place a slightly heaped teaspoonful of the beef mixture in the center of the pastry.
- Fold the pastry diagonally over the filling and press the edges down lightly to seal.
- Pattern the edges using the tines of a fork. This also ensures a good seal on the edges. Continue until all of the pastries are formed.
- Transfer the pastries to a lightly greased baking sheet and brush them with an egg wash of 1 egg yolk whisked together with a tablespoon of water.
- Bake the pastries in a preheated at 200c or 400f for 25 to 30 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.