Snack Platter Catering Part 6 - Sweet & Sour Spring Rolls. Delicious Mini Spring Rolls in Fillo.
Recipe type: Snack Food, Finger Food, Chicken, Poultry
Spring rolls are an all-time favorite, and these mini sweet & sour spring rolls are perfect for snack platters and baskets.
For 40 Mini Spring Rolls
- 400g Cooked chicken thigh meat, finely chopped
- 250g Onion, finely chopped
- 40ml Tomato sauce
- 30ml White wine vinegar
- 30ml Sugar
- 5ml Light soy sauce
- 2.5ml Salt
- 125ml Chicken stock
- 7.5ml Cornflour dissolved in a little water
- 50g Butter to fry
- Melted butter for brushing
- Fillo pastry
- Place the cooked chicken thigh meat in your food processor and machine it until finely chopped. Measure out 400g of the chopped chicken and put it aside.
- Chop 250g of onion, then in a jug combine the tomato sauce, white wine vinegar, sugar, light soy sauce, salt, chicken stock and cornflour slurry. Mix this thoroughly until all of the solids have dissolved.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and add 50g of butter. Fry the onion for 5 minutes until tender and translucent.
- Pour in the sweet and sour sauce, bring this to a boil and allow it to boil for 60 seconds until thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped chicken. Set this aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut 3 inch or 75mm squares of pastry. Place one of the squares diagonally in front of you and spoon a tablespoon of the chicken mixture just below the center line in a small sausage shape.
- Fold the corner closest to you up and over the filling. Roll the pastry up to the center line, the fold the side corners in towards the center to totally enclose the filling.
- Continue rolling the pastry upward, wet the top corner with a little water and seal the roll. Continue until all 40 rolls are formed.
- Transfer the rolls to a lightly greased baking sheet and brush them with melted butter. Bake the spring rolls at 200c until lightly golden.
- Remove them from the oven and serve immediately.