Snack Platter Catering Part 4 - Petit Chicken & Salami Kebabs au Gratin - Cocktail Chicken Kebabs
Recipe type: Finger Foods, Cocktail Party Foods , Poultry
These cocktail chicken kebabs are outstanding. Tender chicken thigh meat enhanced with the flavor of strong salami and melted over with strong mature cheddar is legendary!!!
To Make 40 Cocktail Kebabs
- 14 Chicken thighs
- 10 Slices strong salami, 5mm thick, cut into quarters
- 100g Mature cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 40 Toothpicks
- To debone the thighs, locate the spine along the one side. Use a sharp paring knife to lift the skin along the spine. Pull the skin back to expose the hip joint, then cut the oyster free.
- Using your shears, cut through the hip joint.
- Flip the thigh over and cut through the connecting tissue to free the spine from the thigh.
- Grab one side of the thigh bone and use the edge of your blade to scrape the flesh down the bone towards the other joint. Cut around the joint to free the bone from the thigh.
- Continue until all of the thighs are deboned, then cut each thigh into 6 blocks.
- Peel away the skin of the salami and cut 10 slices from the roll, each slice about 5mm thick.
- Stack the slices up and cut them into quarters.
- To make up each kebab, thread a piece of chicken onto a toothpick. Follow this with a piece of salami, then another piece of chicken. Repeat this until all of the skewers are done.
- Heat your pan over medium high heat and fry the kebabs for 12 to 16 minutes until well browned, turning every few minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the kebabs to a roasting tin.
- Sprinkle a generous layer of grated mature cheddar over the kebabs.
- Grill the kebabs on the second highest rack in your oven until the cheese is completely melted and starting to take on color.
- Transfer the kebabs to platters and serve immediately.