Snack Platter Catering Part 3 - Devils on Horseback - Brandy Soaked Prunes Wrapped in Bacon
Recipe type: Snack Platter / Cocktail Snacks
Devils on horseback are out of this world!!! Brandy soaked prunes wrapped in bacon and grilled to crispy perfection!!! Devils on horseback will get your cocktail party rocking.
For 40 Devils
- 20 Rashers of streaky bacon
- 40 Dried prunes
- Brandy to cover
- 40 Toothpicks
- Place the pitted dried prunes in a bowl and pour in enough brandy to almost cover the prunes. Allow these to soak overnight.
- The following day cut the streaky bacon in half across the grain.
- Grab a half slice of bacon and one of the prunes and wrap the bacon around the prune. Press a toothpick through the overlap of bacon to secure it in place.
- Continue until all the devils are formed.
- Place the skewers in a roasting tin and grill the devils on the second highest shelf of your oven until the bacon is browned and crispy. Turn the devils over and repeat this with the other side.
- Remove the pan from the oven, transfer the devils to serving platters and serve immediately. They can also be served cold.