Smoked Fish Pizza!!! Something Totally Different From Regular Run-of-the-Mill Pizza!!!
Recipe type: Pizza
This smoked fish pizza gives a whole new take on pizza. You can use cooked smoked haddock, trout or salmon to make this extra tasty pizza delight!!!
- 2 x 30cm / 12 inch Pizza bases
- 50ml Tomato paste
- 30ml Tomato sauce
- 300g Cooked smoked fish
- 100g Mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 200g Mozzarella cheese, cut into chunky blocks
- 10-12 White mushrooms, cut in half
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to season
- Herbs to garnish
- Cut the mozzarella into chunky blocks, grate the mature cheddar cheese and flake the cooked smoked fish. I am using smoked haddock, but you can use any smoked fish.
- Cut the mushrooms in half. Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil and mix them around until coated all over.
- For the tomato base, mix 50ml of tomato paste with 30ml of good quality tomato sauce.
- Roll out your dough.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the tomato base over each of the pizza bases.
- Sprinkle half of the cheddar over each of the pizzas, followed by half of the flaked smoked fish.
- Spread the blocks of mozzarella evenly over each pizza, then the mushrooms.
- Season the pizzas with salt and ground black pepper and bake them in a preheated oven at maximum temperature for 15 minutes until the bases are well browned on the edges.
- The tomato base may look a little burnt, but don't worry, it is simply very much more concentrated and baked, with an insanely delicious tangy flavor.
- Cut the pizza into wedges and serve immediately.