Easter Special - Marshmallow Easter Egg Muffins - Simply the Best Yummy Ever!!!
Recipe type: Easter Recipes, Hot Cross Bun, Muffin Recipe
Cuisine: Easter Recipes
Marshmallow Easter Egg inside a Muffin!!! Simply Insane Yummy!!! A volcano of Smore over a delectable Muffin!!!
- 240g Self-Raising flour
- 3ml Salt
- 10ml Baking powder
- 50g Sugar
- 100ml Dried Cranberries
- 2ml Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 225ml Milk
- 50g Melted butter
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and dried cranberries to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the egg into the milk and pour this into the flour along with the melted butter.
- Mix this until the batter is just combined. You are not looking for an absolutely smooth batter, and over-mixing will result in dense, heavy muffins.
- Use a rectangle of baking paper to line a mini loaf tin. Don't be too concerned that it doesn't stay in place. The weight of the batter will hold it down.
- Spoon 2 large tablespoons of batter into the bottom of the lined tin. Place a marshmallow Easter egg into the tin and press it down until the batter rises around the edges of the egg.
- Spoon another 2 large tablespoons of the batter on top the egg to totally encase it.
- Repeat this with the other 3 mini loaf tins.
- Place the loaf tins onto a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 180c or 350f for 25 minutes.
- Unfortunately you cannot test for doneness with old skewer trick, as the marshmallow egg is in the center. Just trust the timing, and if you have any doubts about the accuracy of your oven, use an oven thermometer.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and marvel at the amazing lava flow of molten marshmallow and chocolate on top of the muffins.
- These muffins are best served hot with whipped cream, or transfer them to a wire rack to cool.