Toad in the Hole. How to Make Traditional Toad in the Hole at Home!!!
Recipe type: Yorkshire pudding
Cuisine: English / British
Toad in the Hole is an all-time traditional favorite. Crispy pork sausages encased in golden baked Yorkshire pudding is well worth the effort!!!
- 4 Pork sausages
- 4 Eggs
- 200ml Milk
- 200g All-purpose flour
- 2.5ml Salt
- Place the flour and salt in your mixing bowl and pour in the milk and eggs. Whisk this by machine or hand until you have a smooth, silky batter. Transfer the batter to a pouring jug.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and fry the pork sausages until almost cooked through, and nicely browned. Remove these from the heat.
- Place 2 single portion baking dishes in a roasting pan and pour in just enough oil to cover the base of each dish.
- Place the roasting tin in your oven at 200c or 400f for 15 to 20 minutes until the oil is really hot. Remove the toasting pan from the oven.
- Place 2 sausages into each of the dishes and pour batter into each until they are ⅔ full.
- Return these yo the oven and bake undisturbed for 30 minutes until well risen and browned.
- Remove these from the oven and marvel at the amazing hollow Yorkshire puddings surrounding the beautifully browned and crispy pork bangers.
- Remove these from the baking dishes and transfer them to platters. Drizzle with a generous portion of brown onion gravy and serve immediately.