Cocktail Chicken Sausage Rolls. Crispy, Golden and Delicious Cocktail Chicken Sausage Rolls.
Recipe type: Cocktail Snacks / Snack Platter Food
Making amazing chicken sausage rolls is easy and quick. This in this vide you will see how to season the chicken, fill and roll the pastry, and bake the sausage rolls to golden perfection.
- 700g Chicken breast
- 7.5ml Salt
- 2.5ml White pepper
- ¼Tsp Ground cloves
- 5ml Ground coriander
- ¼ Tsp Ground nutmeg
- 2 Rolls puff pastry
- Cut the chicken into blocks and place it in your food processor along with the salt, white pepper, ground cloves, ground coriander and ground nutmeg.
- Run the processor until the chicken is completely minced.
- Unpack the puff pastry and roll it. Keep the separating plastic in place.
- Using wet hands, form a sausage of the chicken mixture across the width of the dough.
- Using the separating plastic, lift the end of the dough up and over the chicken. Roll the dough over until you have an overlap in the pastry.
- Flatten the roll slightly and trim the roll from the remaining pastry. Transfer the roll to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Continue rolling the sausage rolls until all of the filling and pastry is used. Any off-cuts at the ends can be used sideways to make shorter rolls.
- Whisk a single egg yolk with a tablespoon of water and brush the tops of the sausage rolls with the solution.
- Using a sharp thin blade knife, cut through the tops of the rolls. This helps moisture escape during baking ensuring that the inside of the dough is not wet and mushy. It also helps with portioning once baked. You should do this even you don't intend cutting the rolls into portions.
- Bake the sausage rolls in a preheated oven at 200c or 400f for 30 to 40 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Remove the rolls from the oven, cut them apart and serve immediately. The quantities in the recipe will yield 48 1 inch cocktail sausage rolls.