Cocktail Corn Dogs - Easy Super Bowl Snacks - How to Make Corn Dogs, Video Recipe.
Recipe type: Super Bowl / Festival
With the Super Bowl just days away, here is the best corn dog recipe!!! It is super quick and super easy and you can literally churn them out in their hundreds if you need to. Super Bowl Cocktail Corn Dogs, the Easy Way!!!
- 32 Cocktail Frankfurters
For the Batter
- 1 Cup Fine corn meal
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Tsp Cracked black pepper
- ¼ Cup White sugar
- 4 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup Milk
- Prepared mustard, fruit chutney, sweet chilli sauce, ketchup - to serve
- Place the fine corn meal, flour, salt, pepper, sugar and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in the egg and the milk and mix this to a thick batter.
- Let the batter stand for 30 minutes.
- While the batter stands, press the mini franks onto short skewers, and heat a pan of oil to 180c or 350f.
- Dip the dogs in the batter to get a good coating all over and carefully lower them into the oil. Depending on the size of your pan you may need to do 2 or 3 batches.
- Fry the dogs for 3 minutes, turning halfway through. They will be crisp and golden.
- Remove the dogs from the pan and drain any excess oil on kitchen paper. Continue frying the remaining dogs.
- Arrange the dogs on platters and serve with prepared mustard and fruit chutney or sweet chilli sauce.