Super Beefy Burger Patties. Beef Jerky / Biltong Enhanced Burger Patties.
Recipe type: Burgers
Beef Jerky / Biltong is essentially concentrated beef, having lost 50 to 60% of it's mass in water. This results in burger patties that have more than twice the beef flavor when compared to raw beef. By powdering the jerky / biltong and combining it with the beef mince, you end up with a patty that has tons of super-beefy flavor --- out of this world!!!
- 30g Beef Jerky / Biltong per 100g ground beef
- Salt to taste
- Thinly slice 30g of jerky for each 100g of beef mince. Once sliced, chop it even finer.
- Using your spice grinder, zap the chipped jerky until it is a fine fluffy powder.
- Place the beef mince in a large mixing bowl. Add the jerky powder along with a generous pinch of salt.
- Massage this together until everything is totally combined.
- Using you burger press, press the patties out and transfer them to a platter, separated by grease-proof paper or foil.
- Allow these to mature for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight in your refrigerator.
- When you're ready to cook your creations, make an indentation in the center of each patty and proceed.