Turkey Fold-Over. How to use Turkey Left-Overs - Delicious Baked Turkey Buns.
Recipe type: Left-Overs Recipe Ideas
How to use Turkey Left-Overs. Baked turkey turn-overs are agreat way to use any left-over turkey meat. In fact you can even use any of the left-over meat in combinations, or on their own, mixed with the other ingredients.
For the Dough
- 500g Strong White flour
- 10g Instant yeast
- 10g Salt
- 10g Sugar
- 300ml Lukewarm water
For the Filling
- 250g Cooked Turkey or other left-over meat
- 3 Tbs finely chopped pickled jalapeno
- 200ml Sour cream
- 80g Feta cheese
- 6 Tbs Chopped sun-dried tomato
- To make the dough, place the flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Stir these together briefly, then pour in the warm water.
- Using a wooden paddle, stir this until a dough starts to come together, then using your hands in the bowl, compress the dough together to pick up and loose bits.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead it for 5 minutes until it is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough back in the mixing bowl, cover the bowl with cling-wrap and allow the dough to rise for 40 minutes in a warm place.
- While the dough rises, finely chop your cooked meat. Place this in a bowl and add the finely chopped pickled jalapeños, sour cream, feta cheese and chopped sun-dried tomato. Mix this until totally combined.
- Cover a wire rack with foil and give it a light coating of oil. Turn the dough out and knead it briefly.
- Flatten the dough into a large disc and cut it into quarters. Roll each quarter into a ball, flatten the ball, then roll into a circle of 20cm or 8 inches in diameter.
- Spoon a quarter of the filling across the center of the dough. Pick up the far side of the dough and pull it of the filling. Use your finger tips to tamp the edges down.
- This will not seal the edges, it simply thins them out, and prevents them from flying up while cooking. The edge will open during cooking, but only enough to reveal the filling.
- Place the completed crescents on the rack, cover the rack with and upturned roasting pan and allow this to rise for 20 minutes in a warm place.
- Bake the fold-overs in a preheated oven or gas barbecue at 180c or 350f for 25 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately with the accompaniments of your choice.