Barbeue Minted Lamb Chops. Thick-cut Lamb Chops in Mint Marinade Barbecued to Perfection.
Recipe type: Lamb / Barbecue
How to barbecue the perfect minted lamb chops. Lamb chops need special treatment on the barbecue to be moist and tender - this will show you how to get the best results.
- 4 Lamb loin chops cut 25mm / 1 inch thick
For the Marinade
- ¼ Cup Oil
- 30ml White wine vinegar
- Generous handful of finely chopped mint
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ Tsp Ground white pepper
- 1 Tbs Sugar
- Add the finely chopped mint, oil, white vinegar, salt and ground white pepper to a jug and stir these until emulsified.
- Place the chops in a small roasting tin and spoon the marinade evenly over the meat. Allow this to marinate in your refrigerator for 2 to 6 hours.
- Remove the chops from the refrigerator and rinse most of the mint leaves off of the meat by swishing the chops in the marinade. Reserve the marinade for basting during the cooking process.
- Stand the chops up on their fatty side and press 3 skewers through the chops.... 2 just above the fatty strip and one towards the top of the chops.
- Flip the chops over and season the fat liberally with salt.
- Heat your barbecue to medium high heat and place the chops directly on the grid over the heat with the fatty side down.
- Grill the fat for 6 to 8 minutes until it charred crispy and well rendered.
- Remove the skewers from the chops and lay them on their sides. Baste liberally with the marinade and grill them for 4 to 6 minutes depending on your preference of doneness. 4 minutes will give you medium rare.
- Turn the chops over, baste liberally again and continue to grill for a further 4 to 6 minutes.
- Turn again, baste again and grill for 1 minute. Then 1 final turn, baste again and grill for another minute.
- Remove the chops from the barbecue and allow them to stand briefly before serving with the accompaniments of your choice.