Carne' Asada - Mexican Marinated Beef Grilled to Perfection by Whats4Chow
Recipe type: Beef / Barbecue
Carne'Asada is a popular Mexican marinated beef dish, thinly sliced very thinly as a filling for tortillas, or served on its own with refried beans on the side.
- 1kg Skirt, flank or rump tail steak
For the Marinade
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Jalapeno chilli, seeded and minced
- 1 Tsp ground cumin
- 1 Generous handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 Tbs White wine vinegar
- ½ Tsp Sugar
- ½ Cup Oil
- Place the beef in a roasting pan or a large shallow tray.
- In a jug, combine the minced garlic, jalapeno chilli, ground cumin, fresh coriander, salt and pepper, lime juice, white wine vinegar, sugar and oil.
- Mix this until the oil has emulsified, then spoon the marinade evenly over the steak.
- Allow this to marinate in your refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
- Heat your a ribbed skillet on your barbecue or range over medium high heat.
- Place the meat with the fat side down and cook it for 8 minutes.
- Turn the steak over and cook it for a further 8 minutes. This timing will give you a medium rare result, so you can adjust the times according to your personal preference.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing into very thin slices and serving.