Smoked Haddock Pate' - Smoked Haddock Dip - Smoked Haddock Mousse
Recipe type: Seafood
Smoked Haddock Pate' or mousse is quick and easy to make, and can also be used as a dip. This recipe will make enough to serve 6 starter portions.
- 350g Smoked Haddock, poached and flaked
- 250g Cream cheese
- 30ml Culture sour cream / creme fraiche
- Juice from 1 medium lemon
- 30ml Horseradish sauce
- ¼ Cup chopped chives
- ¼ Cup chopped parsely
To Poach the Haddock
- Place the haddock in a large pan and pour in enough milk to come halfway up the side of the fish.
- Bring the milk to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes, turning the fish once halfway through.
- Allow the fish to cool completely
To Make the Pate'
- Flake the fish and place it in a mixing bowl.
- Place all of the other ingredients in the bowl with the fish and puree the mixture with your stick blender. You can also do this in a food processor, however the result will not be as fine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- At this stage the mixture is suitable as a dip. To thicken the pate' to spreading consistency, cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.