Mexican Corn Medallions. Mexican-Style Spicy Corn Medallions. Classic Street Food.
Recipe type: Mexican Street Food
You can make this as hot or mild as you like. This spicy Mexican corn is absolutely delicious.
- 4 Cobs corn
- 80g Butter
- 1 Tsp Ground cumin
- 1 Tsp Ground coriander
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper
- Remove the husk and beard from the corn and using a sharp cleaver, cut the corn into medallions of 20mm or 34 inch thick.
- Place the corn on a large platter. Melt and heat the butter until very hot, then stir in the ground cumin, coriander, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Brush the hot butter over the corn, season to taste with salt and cracked black pepper, and allow this to stand for at least an hour.
- Barbecue the corn on a ribbed skillet at medium hot heat for 15 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove the medallions from the heat and serve immediately.